Kahr Handgun Forum banner
43901 - 43920 of 43992 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning.....range trip rained out......more on the way. looks like IDA is coming for a visit. Weatherman says she is headed for Louisiana......but I'm keeping an eye on her. Don't need her here. I think folks in Tennessee are still digging out from last storm about a week ago- there is more rain on the way.
Wonder who folks will vote for in the next election? ......bet it will not be ole Joe.....even the dumbacrats are turning against him. Good gracious what a joke.....not funny though.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning.....expecting a lot of rain for next 3 days or so. IDA is heading for Louisiana. We are on the wet side of the storm. We'll get some wind and a lot of rain. Will be tying things down today. Already gassed up just in case we lose power. Hope this is not a bad one- I really feel for those Cajuns. -Gon git dat pirogue out de bayou, yah!

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Morning...still more heat & no rain...didn't sit back as planned yesterday in that I cleaned the spa filters then the grill - wife helped for the first time & probably last cleaning all of the gas burner ports with paperclips...grilled some thick chops then a long gar session...no plans today...

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Went out earlier this morning and I-10 east bound was slow bumper to bumper. Went out again about 3 pm....and it's worse. Looking at the traffic map- it is red from New Orleans to Mobile Bay. I know for certain there is no room available anywhere near Mobile.All the motels/hotels are booked.
Hope all these folks find a place to rest.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning.......yep, it's raining. Already had one tornado warning....with more promised. I am 150 miles from NO, but the weather has been kinda rough. I feel for those over there who could not leave. This may be a bad one.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Good morning…. We never got much from the last storm…. Some wind and rain is all….. weather has cooled down here for a bit, and I hope it stays that way …. day off here, just sucking down some hot coffee ️ hope everyone is safe from that storm …. Hope your family gets over their Covid quickly and safely there Higgy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning......it's raining. Looks like we will come out good on this- few limbs down and a little water standing in low places. I believe it will get better as the day goes on. A few tornadoes around, but none close by.
Haven't looked at the news lately- don't know yet how NO came out.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning.....I see blue sky!....If i look in the right direction. I believe the last rain band passed through about 3 hours ago. That may be it. I hope so. There is water standing in all the low spots- and I live on a hill.
Several tornadoes hit locally yesterday. There was serious damage about 30 miles to the north. That tornado stayed on the ground for about 70 miles. Lots of damage, but haven't heard of any deaths- PTL.
I hope this is over. Lots of Louisiana folk here in Mobile- hope they have something to go back to.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning....nice, not a cloud in the sky. Grass needs cutting. #1 son has been cutting it...so no sweat for me.
Agatha's old galaxy phone is misfiring on occasion- we may go out and look for a new one today.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Morning...still more heat but need to mow since it's been 2-1/2 weeks...will also edge the new neighbor's curb & driveway since he doesn't have equipment yet....then getting another but thinner door sweep under warranty late this afternoon...will need that gar session tonight...

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Good afternoon…. Worked today and it was pretty busy as school started yesterday, so everyone waiting till last minute for supplies are shopping now…. Finally have a sunny day here, no gloomy clouds above…. We have had enough rain to last a while…. My back has been horrible the last 2 weeks, to the point where I thought I was going to have to go to the pain management doctor…. I was walking around like Quasimodo for a while there, eating 3 kinds of pain meds and muscle relaxers to be able to function….. it sucks to get old and be effed up…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Afternoon....finally went out today and got Agatha a new phone. Now she'll spend the next few days trying to figure it out. She had an old Galaxy S9 for years, and today she wound up with a new Galaxy S21. Got it for $500...that was a deal. 128gb drive with 8 gb ram. Not bad. That should last a few years.
I see that darn storm kill a bunch of people up north. What a shame......they are still digging out in Louisiana.
Hopefully things can get better now- it has sucked real bad for a while............

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Morning...got everything done yesterday except getting the door sweep replaced for the utility room door to the garage...wrong part - dealer will try to get a custom one from the mfgr...may perform the yearly water filter changeouts on the Big Blue housing & fridge...otherwise just another dry hot day...maybe some rain over the weekend...

43901 - 43920 of 43992 Posts