Kahr Handgun Forum banner
43941 - 43960 of 43992 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
UofF Gators play some high school team today....oh wait it is South Florida they play. Not wasting my time on it. Saw where my old high school team (Rochester Rams (Rochester PA)cruised again. They are ranked #1 in their Western Pa Conference. Lost the semi final game last year.
Had a nice quiet birthday yesterday. At 71, I am the oldest male in my family's history.
Might go to the range if I can dodge the rain today. Have not had the Springfield XDe out for a while. I like it , just not as well as my others. Thought I had it sold but the guy changed his mine and bought a XDs instead.
Have a good day to all!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Afternoon.........very nice day out there. Finally got up to 84.
Went out this morn to pick up the granddaughter- so we are chillin....she and Agatha are making brownies now.

Happy birthday Mk7_mech. I'm close to you- I''ll be 74 in Dec. I have one older male cousin by about 6 mo, and 1 brother. I have 2 sons and he has one.....and that's all the males- all in their 40's, except my only grandson (14). It looks like it may be up to him to keep the family name alive.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning.....another lazy day here. Was all excited about going to a gun show today....then it hit me- Covid! I forget things. So, guess I'll skip this one. I'll be glad when all this schidt dies down.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning......a little scattered light rain. Rode out this am to Academy- trying to beat the crowd and see if I could score some decent 380 acp. Agatha decided to go- so I had to wait on her. They open at 9am and I finally got there at 9:45. I saw a couple guys walking out with ammo, and several in line at the checkout- but by time I got to the ammo counter it was near bare. Saw a few boxes of 9mm- but I got plenty of that. No 380 on the shelf. Lots of 223 and other rifle ammo- but i don't need that either. I'll just wait a while. I want to stay halfway proficient with my carry guns. One needs to do a little plinking every now and then. :cautious:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Afternoon.........very nice day out there. Finally got up to 84.
Went out this morn to pick up the granddaughter- so we are chillin....she and Agatha are making brownies now.

Happy birthday Mk7_mech. I'm close to you- I''ll be 74 in Dec. I have one older male cousin by about 6 mo, and 1 brother. I have 2 sons and he has one.....and that's all the males- all in their 40's, except my only grandson (14). It looks like it may be up to him to keep the family name alive.
Thank you for the birthday wish Higgy. My son is 47 and he has no plans to get married....likes his expensive Jeeps and clothes to much to share with a wife. My grandfather and father came here from Czechoslovakia. They, myself and my son were the only males of each generation, so the family name ends with him.
Range has over priced aluminum 9mm ($29.99) and no 380acp for the CW380. Said some might come in today. Range members can buy 1 box each cal per day...I am still a fair ways off from actually needing some ammo but stocking up finding a reasonable price cann't hurt.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Good evening…… was off today and I was so tired I did nothing but lay around all day …. I work early the next 2 days so no sleeping in if you can call it that …

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning......... watching Nick. Got lots of rain out of the last one. Some folks in the low areas are still mopping up. All we expect here is rain. Hopefully it wont be bad.
More and more folks we know are catching covid...and several have died. Yet seems like people are dropping their guard and mingling more and more with folks who have someone in their home that has the bug. This is crazy. I'm gonna mask and stay away from folks and I'm gonna vaccinate.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning.......its raining. Been raining most of the night and no sign of letting up. Old Nick is peeing on us big time. Started to run out to Academy this morn to look for ammo, but it was pouring- so I decided not to go. Probably would have hit pay-dirt- no one else would be out in a downpour. Oh well.....may try Friday?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Morning.......its raining. Been raining most of the night and no sign of letting up. Old Nick is peeing on us big time. Started to run out to Academy this morn to look for ammo, but it was pouring- so I decided not to go. Probably would have hit pay-dirt- no one else would be out in a downpour. Oh well.....may try Friday?
Wish I could get motivated enough to get up early to make the trip from Gainesville to Jacksonville to Academy, but I just hate to think of fighting the traffic to get there around 9AM.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Morning...plan to take it easy before a pregame practice & games tonight...maybe I can get some shooting practice in during a gar session this weekend using rubber bands against wasps - if any are still around...

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Morning.......the rain has let up for a while- expect more this afternoon. Agatha informs me that I will be going shopping later. So- guess I better prepare for it. Don't know what she needs, but i know we are out of Blue Bell.:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
According to the weather app it was to start raining about 9 this morning....still waiting for it! COuld have gotten some range time in if I knew no rain was coming. Have my slide racked back for several day on the CW380...still makes no difference in trying to manually rack it. Have installed new recoil springs, shot at least 800-900 rds thru it...actually filed some material off the lower lip of the slide where it meets the barrel housing, used white grease to lube it...still like a bear trying to rack it. Little bugger is so accurate and dependable and I like it to much to get rid of it. Just afraid if I would ever get a FTF or FTE when carrying it I would be in a bad situation tying to clear it to be able to return fire if needed.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Yeah both my CW9 and CT380 are tuff to rack.
I rarely ever attempt to rack the slide to chamber a round- I lock it back then hit the release.
Seems like I may had struggles with that back when I first got these guns....but gave up in favor of using slide release. Seems like someone on this forum pointed out to me that the manual that came with my gun recommended using slide release to chamber a round.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah both my CW9 and CT380 are tuff to rack.
I rarely ever attempt to rack the slide to chamber a round- I lock it back then hit the release.
Seems like I may had struggles with that back when I first got these guns....but gave up in favor of using slide release. Seems like someone on this forum pointed out to me that the manual that came with my gun recommended using slide release to chamber a round.
Oh I do use the slide release to chamber a round. My fear is trying to clear a round lodged in the chamber. If I can not rack it, I can not clear it to chamber another round. My CM9 was almost like an M&P EZ from day one. No problem what so ever.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Oh I do use the slide release to chamber a round. My fear is trying to clear a round lodged in the chamber. If I can not rack it, I can not clear it to chamber another round. My CM9 was almost like an M&P EZ from day one. No problem what so ever.
Yep on the Kahr recommendation in the owner's manual to use the slide release. I primarily use it to chamber a round in all of my semi autos for a long time & especially in timed qualifications. If you need to rack the slide to clear a round in a stress situation, you probably won't have a problem doing it from a physical effort standpoint...think of the action as an opposing quick push / pull speed movement as opposed to a strength action in operation...

43941 - 43960 of 43992 Posts