Kahr Handgun Forum banner
44001 - 44020 of 44055 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Checked status on my springs....shipped USPS and due to arrive Mon 4 OCT!!!! I will be lucky to get them by the 10th here in Gainesville since they now have closed the distribution office here and moved it to Jacksonville!!!!

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Morning...may get ballgames rained out tonight...need the rain...need to get chems to perform a water changeout on the hot tub sometime soon but not today...

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Good morning….. finally off after a 9 day stretch….. not going to do anything today….. I scheduled a Covid booster shot this weekend at Walgreens since I work with the public 5 days a week….. not taking chances or anything for granted these days ….. I’m getting a flu shot as well …

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillACP

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Good morning...... 40 this morning..... relaxing with coffee.... work later ..... tired already....

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Morning......thinking about making that range trip- but need more coffee first- we'll see.
Agatha got a notice yesterday that she was cleared to get booster (pfizer). But since I was shot (Moderna) in Mississippi- I haven't heard anything- may get mine in Bama this time.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Didn't make it to the range....did a couple honey-do's around the house. Agatha decided that we would have crab legs for lunch. So i charge up to Winn Dixie and get 3.5# steamed with old bay seasoning. Agatha ate about 1/2#, and you know me- I ate all the rest. UUGGG! I need a nap now.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Didn't make it to the range....did a couple honey-do's around the house. Agatha decided that we would have crab legs for lunch. So i charge up to Winn Dixie and get 3.5# steamed with old bay seasoning. Agatha ate about 1/2#, and you know me- I ate all the rest. UUGGG! I need a nap now.
Higgy hog ...

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Good morning…… weekend off finally…. 41 this morning…… winter is here ! …. Coffee time while sitting on my recliner, thinking about breakfast ….. no plans for today…. Sit around on my lazy a$$ seems to be a good idea ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Higgy hog ...

Hah!......actually my nickname in immediate family is "Fat Boy". In their cell phones that is how I am listed. However- I am trying to slim down.....it's just taking longer than I can imagine. About 3 years ago when I got sick with strep- I lost down to 160. Just could not stand the smell or taste of any food. But in about a year went right past 200 again and it is a struggle to keep it down near 200. I'm working on it...kinda.
Got the grandson (14) here from Huntsville. He is the one who had covid, along with his 3 yo sister and grandmother. It is difficult trying to keep "social distancing" protocols while trying to visit- in the same house. We are trying....it is difficult. Both me and my oldest son (who lives next door) are not in good health. We have to be extra careful.
I'm enjoying the cooler weather....will eventually get back to the range.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Received my new recoil springs for the CW380 today. ???????? I have ceased to even begin to wonder why Kahr has such a difficult time understanding their dual, non captive recoil springs for their 380 handguns really...really su...s......well they are ..............you know!!! The new inner spring is so small in diameter it was a fight to get it over the recoil guide rod. Next, it is smaller in outer circumference than the old one making it almost impossible to seat it with out it going thru the recoil rod hole in the slide. Then to add to the wonderful experience of putting these springs in the gun.. the inner spring has to be 2 inches longer than the outer spring ....yep, not easy to compress and align and install the assembly into the hold and on to the barrel.. Have to admire Kahr for its persistent determination of sticking to their design.....no matter how much of a POS it is!!

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Morning.......I heard the word "rain". Hope that's not a bad sign.
Well- I'm ready for my booster shot (moderna)- wish they would get it approved and put it out to the public.
I think today is going to be one of those sit around the house days. Don't think anything is in the plans. Our last lotto ticket drew last night. I hope that sucker pays off.

@Mk7_mech ... get those springs tested out and let us hear the results.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Morning.....more rain. No coffee this am....I ran out and didn't get more. So- I will venture out sometime today. I need coffee. Got another blood ck tomorrow- and pick up another batch of free high priced drugs. I love that stuff. I just hope it goes generic by time this study ends. Its supposed to be 2 years. I will speak well of Rivoroxiban or Xerelto- it works.....it's just costs about $600 for a month supply (30 tabs).
Anyway....as the world turn....we limp along

·
Registered
144 Posts
Range time with the CW 380 went very well....best part was just shot 50 rds thru it the slide was about 200% easier to rack with the new springs than before. No where near a S&W EZ, but there is real hope now for it. I am debating on trading it with my Wrangler on a new Gen 5 Glock 19. Blue label Gen 5 price going for $438 at the range . but little interest for a Kahr in this area so $350 for both on a trade would be most probably
Wood Rectangle Material property Cosmetics Art

·
Registered
144 Posts
Changed my mind on the Glock Gen 5. Can not swap parts in and out of the Poly 80 and I do not like the trigger safety not completely retracting into the shoe...thought Glock would have corrected that by now. Still will trade the CW 380 in on something 9mm.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Morning.......well it's not raining. Got a new coffee pot yesterday-and some caffeinated coffee. I'll be perked up this am for sure. Gonna take the grandson down to Gulf Shores to hook back up with his parents. Then come back for my dr apt.
Well- Agatha has been fretting since she retired. She is so afraid she will not have enough $$$. So- believe it or not.... she applied for a new job yesterday! I hope she is happy. I ain't working.
Anyway .......coffee is good. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well even though the CW380 shot well, could not take the inability to rack it without breaking my arm. Traded it for a Taurus G3. Have a G2c and had a G3c. Liked both but got a good offer on the G3c so I sold it. Never seen a G3 before....like the size and the grip better than the G3c. Off to the range now that it is cleaned and lubed. Taurus did not spare any packing crap on the gun...was well preserved. So, will be in less now ..unless I find a good deal on a K9 Elite.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

44001 - 44020 of 44055 Posts