Kahr Handgun Forum banner
44281 - 44300 of 44339 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Morning...high teens, strong North wind - it may hit 25...maybe I'll fix a chair with loose dowel joints...thinking about it...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Morning.....yeah- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Mk7_mech. Yep we are definitely on a covid watch here. We have lost a few family members and friends to covid. We are vaxed and masked. It's been a trip.

- wow...I've heard 3 gunshots while typing this? :unsure: 08:30 in the morning??

Oh, well- gotta do a grocery run later this morn. I'm out of Blue Bell. Trick is - getting Agatha up and out. Since that heifer retired she has slowed down mucho.
Sorry about the family and friends you lost. We have been lucky so far.....cross our fingers. Hope the gun shots were nothing to worry about. The Gainesville area has become Dodge City the past few months.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Morning.....it cooled off- we got down to 38 last night. It's really been a warm winter so far. I like it that way.
Looks like covid will peak much higher than previously. We had near 13,000 new cases yesterday (Alabama)- that is a lot for a thinly populated state. The nation as a whole had just over 1 million new cases yesterday- compared to the highest peak ever of about 250,000 about a year ago. The big difference now is it's hitting the little kids too. Lord help us!
Well....one day- if I get brave enough I'll go do a range trip. Need to get one in soon....probably get my pacemaker swapped out on the 19th. As we age we require more maintenance. Its a shame we can't just go in the shop and get new parts!

·
Super Moderator
23,518 Posts
Good morning..... well looks like higgyville weather finally got me pretty good ..... had to go out and clear out the white stuff this morning, with more on the way...

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,518 Posts
Good early morning .... so its 10 outside with a feel like of 0 .... won't be going outside without the heavy winter gear on.....

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Morning ....got down to 40, but sunny this am- will be another nice day. Thank God I don't live up in the snow belt-I could not do it. Got #2 granddaughter here- she'll be leaving shortly. Then #1 comes at lunch time. Parents are working- so the grand parents keep the little ones. That's okay- I can live with it. Agatha is baking cakes today- got 2 birthdays in the family. I don't mind the birthdays- cause we get cake! 😀

·
Super Moderator
23,518 Posts
Good morning... .. it's 25 here... higgyville winter storm warning in effect thru today... expected snow ... hopefully it will be just a very light sprinkling.... because baby its cold outside ??

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Afternoon.....nice and warm (74) outside with a few scattered light showers. Had to run out today to get a few things. Dang wound up going to 3 stores to find it all. Had Chicken Salad Chick for lunch- man that crap is good. They grind up chicken and mix with all kind of stuff- very good, and that grape salad is scrumptious. Topped it off with coconut cake- yeah. Tonight- it's blueberry cake. Yeah....I weighed 198 at dr office the other day.

·
Super Moderator
23,518 Posts
Good morning .... no higgyville snow yet.... so im good .... temp is 20 though.... off today and maybe ill bake a cake, or some muffins....yesterday i made a loaf of italian bread ... i followed a basic recipie and added italian seasonings and minced garlic, it came out really good ....

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Hmmm.....we haven't baked bread in years. We used to bake all of our bread when the kids were small. I don't even remember how we did it?
Sun's out and it is 50 out. Really nice. Have an apt to get my CRV serviced tomorrow morning- I have 8,365 miles on this oil- and the Maintenance Minder says 5% left. Wow-back in the old days we did it a little sooner. I'll drop my car off at the shop tomorrow and Agatha will pick me up- and she wants to go shopping! I know what that means- sitting in some store for hours while she sifts to tons of crap. Oh well- there will be a big juicy burger or basket of fried shrimp in it somewhere. Sometimes it ain't worth it though.
Next Monday I should get some kind of idea as to when my pacemaker will be swapped? Will see a new doc this time- he is supposed to be the right one for the job-so my cardio guy says. I'll roll with it.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Morning...clear & mid 20's...supposed to get near 60 tomorrow to better enjoy a gar session...
Well somethings came up where I didn't send this much earlier...didn't do much today except I had to run some errands...

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Morning...a cool 35 this am. Will run out and drop my car off for an oil change and tire swap. Then do a little sitting while she shops. Nothing else going on this week- just try to dodge the crony virus. Got a new box of mask yesterday- the NK95. They are a tad too small for me. The straps are too short and they pull on my ears too much, I can wear them- but it's a struggle. The CDC has advised to switch to this mask or double other masks. Gee whiz will this crap ever end?
The cardio doc has warned me for 20+ years- if I get the flu it might be curtains. So I get a flu shot every year- now with covid I've had the shots and will keep on getting them as they come out. I'm just ready for this situation to get under control.
Alright I'll quit complaining and move on.

·
Super Moderator
23,518 Posts
Good evening... worked an early shift today..... right now we are at -2 .... yes higgyville weather got me good this time.... so i did some baking and indoor grilling this afternoon..... made a loaf of banana bread, and grilled a couple of sirloin burgers and a fat little pork chop for my next 2 days dinners...

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Morning...clear & 31 heading into the low 60's...did get that gar session in yesterday & grilled a steak - grilling some burgers tonight for the next 2 dinners...heard we might get some snow this weekend...

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Morning....47 and not so bad. Got my CRV serviced yesterday- wound up with 8,380 miles on that oil- and still had 5% life. You could not get buy with that many miles in the old days. That was at AutoNation Honda service dept, and those folks were so nice. I think they are trying to "improve" our relationship because I gave them a bad review on the sales dept when I got the car. Anyway the service dept is good.
Well, I guess we finally got into winter....been cool for several days now- I have actually enjoyed it.
#2 son turned 40 yesterday. Have 2 in their 40's and the daughter is 36! Time flies......

All of Ron's grub looks pretty good- I missed breakfast this morning......might have an early lunch 😀

·
Super Moderator
23,518 Posts
Good evening.... it was a very cold day today, the temp this morning was 0 ... so no snow and cloudy it was.... I'll have to send this crap back higgys way...

44281 - 44300 of 44339 Posts