Kahr Handgun Forum banner
44961 - 44980 of 45030 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.....still breathing. I don't feel noticeably better today- but thankfully no worse either. I think that is good. Agatha believes she feels a little better... so i suspect we are on the mend. Her temp is normal and 02 is 96. All out numbers are good now. One thing for sure- we both are getting plenty of rest. Really though....I am thankful- as some folks our age did not do well.
Whew! Come on next week....should be back to normal by then. I am anxious to make another range trip. I was surprised at how well I did with my Sig 365-380, even at 30 yards. My last trip i was shooting on a really soggy range- so I couldn't move around like i wanted to. Maybe next time I can play a little harder. :) The range I use is generally empty in the mornings during the week - so I can move around like I please.
Anyway....stay cool and dodge than bug.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Good morning….. spent the weekend at a friends house in baldwinsville ny…… lots of drinking and gars were the order of the day ! Have a podiatrist appt next week, so I’m hobbling around till then….. this shite hurts !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.....still mending- not quiet there yet. Still some coughing. Agatha and #1 son seems to have been hit a little harder than me- but they are improving. And I am a couple days ahead of them too. But by my calculations....I am in day 6- which ends my isolation (if I read the guidelines correctly). I will test this afternoon- if negative? then I can go out in public but should mask- which I still do anyway. We will see. (Many folks just do not care- but i don't want to spread this crap- it sucks).
I guess i can be thankful though- #2 has made some grocery/ med runs for us- that helps.
Be cool fellows- dodge that bug- it does have a bite...and worse for some than others.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Good evening…. I hope you and the family recover quickly from that crappy stuff Higgy….
Well I finally decided to pull the trigger on a new car, at my age this will be my last hurrah buying a new car !
I’ve been wanting a small 4 wheel drive suv…. the winters with the snow, and driving around here wasn’t the greatest with my little sedan. I like the jeeps a lot, so I bought a Renegade 4x4 sport….. a dealer here had one with the equipment and color I wanted, so I did the deed !

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Evening.....we are still mending. #1 son seems to be dragging it out a bit- seems to have hit him pretty hard. I think he is getting a wake-up call from this. Both Agatha and I are on the down hill side of it now- hopefully we will both be back to normal in another week. #2 son is okay now- and thankfully the daughter and granddaughter missed it.
Ready to move on with life now. I want to do another range trip soon- hopefully some time next week.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.....just sitting around watching the rain. Looks like recovery for this kung-flu may take a while longer than expected. Been doing some reading online- seems like for some folks this thing drags out about a month. I am a little better than Agatha- we may be in the?? 85% range- okay now, but kinda stuck at not quiet right. #1 son still having trouble. Slower recovery- maybe just a little more time. Definitely tired of this crap! #2 son is normal- but he is at least a week ahead of us.
Oh well....we'll get there.
Dodge the flu folks.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.....seems like another s l o w day creeping by. But-I think...... I actually feel a little better? So- I'm taking that as a good sign. We will see. Past ready to move on.

Watched the last few minutes of the Ala/Tex game yesterday. I am ANTI- University of Alabama since the coach Nick Saban went on tv and told us we all need to support BLM- and the University did not FIRE his ass. No- they signed him for another 10 years for $11 million$. I'm sick of them.

Anyway- I thought Texas had it with that last field goal with a minute left on the clock. That actually made me feel good-even with the kung flu. I was ecstatic 😀....til Bama kicked another f/g. Sometimes life just sucks......:(

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.....Feeling okay today- my 10 day isolation period is officially over today. According to CDC guidelines- I can now go out in public without a mask! But I always still mask if I go into a store or around people. Agatha seems better too. So I guess we are pulling out of the dungeon. I promise you- you do not want that crap. It hit us hard. Actually hit #1 son much harder than us and he is 30 years younger- but he was not vaxed.
Anyway- thank the Lord...we can begin to move on. Be safe folks...

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Well crap... o_O.........Agatha tested positive again today! Hoping it is a fluke....will do 2 more different test shortly to confirm.
I have a procedure scheduled later this week- and I need to verify that I am negative before hand. So we tested. I'm good- she is positive. We are hoping it is a false reading?
This is beginning to look like a soap opera now....I am anxiously waiting on and answer to her test- so I can confirm my appointment....and she is on the damn phone running her mouth.

Edit: Confirmed- 2 different tests.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.....well we are trying to run the clock out on this crap. From what i can find on the net...some folks seem to get better- but still test positive for up to near 2 weeks. Agatha is fine- just lingering cough and a positive test- no other symptoms. Apparently that is fairly common. So- i think it's just a matter of a little more time. We are still distancing at home- and will continue til this is all gone. Ready to move on.
The good news is that cool weather is finally arriving...lows in the near 60's for the next 2 weeks. I like that. I can feel a range trip in the near future.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Good late evening…… glad you’re feeling better higgster, hope wifey and son get over that crap very soon here ….. I went to the podiatrist after work today for my foot…. It has been brutal hobbling around here….. so he gave me a cortisone shot in the side of my foot between my heel and arch….. that shite hurt…. No freeze spray to numb the injection spot sucked …… and gave me a script for some ready made orthotics, that I was able to get there ….. hopefully they will help….. it will take a couple of days for the cortisone to really dig in and help….. man I need a break…..then next month I go in for the heart and arterial tests …… so the shite marches on….. be well guys ….. hell someone has to be you know !!!!

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning......woke up to a cool 60 this am- heading towards mid-eighties. I like the cool, as we have had a unnecessarily hot summer. Looking for mid 60's to low 70's for the next 10 days....I think I can live with that.
Sorry to hear about your foot problems Ron....I know it must be painful. I took a lot of crap like 'indocin' years ago for arthritis did more damage to my intestinal tract than relief for the arthritis. Seems like a no-win battle.
We are doing better- Agatha is just pizzed off that she feels okay- but tests positive. I think she'll re-test today. She hasn't been able to visit her sick brother- who is now confined bed. I am surprised he is still hanging on.
Oh well- really loving this weather. I hate the heat. #1 son actually cut the grass yesterday- it was getting pretty tall. Now with the cool temps moving in i suspect the grass growing will slow way down and eventually stop.
Enjoy the cool......... :)

44961 - 44980 of 45030 Posts