Kahr Handgun Forum banner
45001 - 45020 of 45030 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning......looks like 3 more days of low 90's then back to the 80's. I like the cooler weather. Might plan that range trip for next week ? Ya know- one needs to keep their trigger finger limbered up a little. :rolleyes:
Of course that's all depending on what TD9 does? maybe it'll just blow away? Hate to think about pulling out that generator and gassing up a bunch of cans- what a hassle.
No other plans....we'll just see what happens. Do have my stress test re-scheduled for next Thursday. Hopefully that will come out good. I have been feeling much better than when I had that ablation done back in April. The doc was concerned- because all my afib went away- BUT I felt much worse for quiet a while. Now I don't have any chest pains at all. I might be fixed? 😀

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Good morning…… don’t blow away with that storm higgy ….. better chain down your recliner and put a seat belt on it …. Oh yeah chain down the fridge with the blue bell in it as well ….. you’ll be all set and safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.............. Oh Blue Bell- had that for supper last night! I guess I need to take a pic of Agatha's new Freezer with the stacking crates in it. There is one filled with okra, another with corn, and beans and 3 stacked with Blue Bell! 😄 (when on sale- we stock up)
Yeah- we are watching the storm- yikes!!! just looked at latest update- cone has shifted west to P'cola. That's just 70 miles away, but center-line looks like Tampa. Will be watching for sure now. Dang- don't need that.
Was planing a range trip soon- may shoot for Monday. Last couple trips I had a few failures with some of my older Remington ammo- may attempt to shoot that all up. It's fmj and jhp in 380, and jhp in 9mm. Now that ammo is becoming more available and price is 1/2 what it was a year ago.....I may start stocking up with new stuff.
In other news- I'll finally do my bicycle test (stress) next Thursday. I suspect I'll hear good news from that- and I suspect I'll do some level of rehab. I have gotten pretty sorry over the last couple years and sat on mu butt far too long. All my discomfort in the chest is finally gone and afib is gone after the cardiac ablation. I'll be 75 in December....perhaps I can get back in shape and build up my stregnth again. Well- I don't want to get completely well- otherwiise I may have to start doing yard work again :oops:.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
....perhaps I can get back in shape and build up my stregnth again. Well- I don't want to get completely well- otherwiise I may have to start doing yard work again :oops:.

Ok higgy you can stop working out now !!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Morning...cool front moved through yesterday & it may not hit even 90 all week but still no rain...had to water the plants in the front yesterday - maybe the backyard sometime today...otherwise taking it easy with ballgames tomorrow night...
Higgy, I can put you on my plant watering schedule as a light exercise rebuilding program to ease you back in to doing yardwork...

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.....looking at the latest report- the projected path of Ian has shifted a little west and the edge of the cone is now about 30 miles away. But cold front due tomorrow that may push it east a little. Actually looks like we will be affected little. We have the gas cans lined up- just in case. Will hold off on filling them til late Monday.
Hope this thing just blows away- I have my stress test set for Thursday and blood ck Friday.
Well, I guess not much sense in fretting- we've been there before?
Hang tight fellows- we will all get a chance to voice our opinions in about 6 weeks... 😐

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning....working on last cup. Got a few chores this am- then we gotta do a grocery run. Looks like we will miss the storm-BUT we will keep an eye on it. Don't need that for sure.
Me and Agatha both are still coughing our brains out. I have been negative for 14 days and she for 10. I see online that some folks keep the cough for a month or so! Wow- ready for that to go away.
No other news- just watchin Ian.....:unsure:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning.....looks like we will luck out on the storm. Feeling sorry for the folks down in sw Florida.
Guess we will go make a grocery run today. She has a list- so it may be a big deal.
Today would have been a perfect day to go shoot....but I missed. Afternoons are not good because of the sun. Maybe tomorrow.
Thursday I will do my tests- a breathing test first, never done one? then a stress test on a bicycle. I'll probably be tired when thats all done. But maybe I'm on track to get back to some kind of normal. Got a new valve a couple years ago- and recently the ablation that got rid of all my afib- maybe I can get going near normal again? Well, I'll be 75 in Dec....so I need to hurry up :oops: .

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning...another day in the mid to upper 80's...nothing much going on...debating on whether I need / want to mow the yard... :)
Open a beer- light a gar..........then think it through! (Ha!)

Morning.....taking it easy today (as I do every day). Will try to psyche myself up for the tests tomorrow. Will be glad t be done with all that. Hoping I can get back to some kind of normal after all this. I have been 'drag-assin' for several years.
Of course "normal"- for someone 75 may be- what I have been doing...draggin around.

Oh well....looks like the storm went a little farther to the south. We have some friends in Nokomis (Sarasota)- a young woman with 3-10yo children. Her husband can not leave his job (nursing home)- she can not drive- so they stay. Been a little worried about that- but now it does look better with them on the north side of the storm.

Well- I missed my range trip today...just drug around too long. maybe Monday. Need to do that- that's about all the "real fun" I have anymore. I do love to shoot.

Y'all have a good day

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Good afternoon….. I hope everyone that is affected by the storm is ok….. fortunately I don’t have anything like that here to worry about….. only snow storms in the winter which can be a bitch if it’s a big one !!
There is an updated Covid shot available now that covers the new strains out there….. I’m getting mine this Saturday….. be safe out there !!

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Good morning……. We’ll I guess winter is finally upon us here as they have issued a frost warning for later tonight …. Temps in the 30’s …. That will cool you down bill …. Get up and exercise there higgy …. Just keep pulling the trigger and you’ll be in shape in no time

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Morning...well Ron it will be cooler today at just below 80 & still without rain...watered the plants in front yesterday & may wait until tomorrow for those in the back - really need desert plants...early evening ballgames tonight with batting practice beforehand so resting up...did get that gar session in late last night after grillin' some burgers with some beer, Higgy...then bourbon...thanks for the suggestion... :)

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
COOL Thursday morning to yah......well I don't drink anymore- or smoke... but I can imagine the calm satisfaction of a brew and a smoke. :giggle:

Well.....I think? I may have passed my stress test. They didn't stop me- went all the way through- and that surprized me. Last time I collapsed. But thats not to say I wasn't huffing and puffing. Whew- it was a doosie. So- I'm thinking I'll be given some exercises to do maybe rehab? That cardio/ablation evidently did far more good than I realized- I just couldn't tell yet. Guess I'll get a call from the doc soon for a office visit and they will give me the scoop. Hope i can get off some of this medication too. Maybe I'm on the way.
Heard from our friends down near Venice FLa this morn. They all came out okay- minor damage and mainly no power. Thats good.
Have a good day....

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Morning...another dry day with no rain in sight for another week it appears...need to use a pry bar to be able to slightly put sufficient pressure to raise my back garage door to the patio to latch it since it's been so dry with soil compaction...haven't mowed in some time but really doesn't need it that much - thinking about it along with watering the plants in back - will eventually make a decision...

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Afternoon.....got a little tangled up this morn. Had my blood ck and ran some errands then time I get home, Agatha had some grub ready....so now I'm just settling down. Got busy and missed my planned range trip -so that will come next week some time. It's a no-go on the weekends here- toooo many people at the range.
Got a shock yesterday when I looked at by bank acct. SS had already landed! Usually comes on the 3rd, or a day or too early when the 3rd is on Sunday. This is the earliest it has ever been. If that keeps happening- I will vote for Joe in 24!...I'll vote for him to go home!
Oh well.....been enjoying the coool weather. We had a very ruff summer.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Morning,,,a cool 52 this am. I can live with it! This was the hottest summer I can remember.
Heard from our friends down in Venice FL....they got power back in some of their neighborhood... and they were in the lucky part. But there is a levee that is expected to break that may cause more flooding issues. All in all- they were lucky.
Well- I missed my last 2 chances for a range trip. Guess I'll look to some time next week.
Nothing else going on- grandson came in last night, expecting granddaughter later. These are easy young folks to deal with- love having them around.
#1 son is getting the grass cut...if it stays cool fr a while that may end the grass cutting.
Stay safe folks........

45001 - 45020 of 45030 Posts