Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking at ankle type holsters and wonder which type is the most comfortable and easily accessed? Several of you on the forum I know use ankle type retention for small guns. Would appreciate your opinion. I've seen velcro and stretch type material combo's and the strap kind that grab the upper calf and others that have long straps that go up the pant leg and squeeze clamp to "somthing".......grin

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
That last one you mentioned sounds "mid-evil" bob...:startle: I use Uncle-Mikes ankle holsters and have for years. I went through two over the course of 20 years of daily use 12 hours a day. I now have one for my LC9 Ruger and it works pretty good. You get your moneys worth, around $20, IMVHO:rock:

Reactions: lefty60

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I think that bobs post indicates he just may like the kind that "go up the pant leg and squeeze clamp to something"..................!!

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Um, something like this bob? clamp.jpg or is that mere childsplay? :huh:

Reactions: lefty60

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How very "personal" of you Ron and of course Mr. Rat "likes" this cause he's always grabbing at things to nibble on. (Now if this isn't a straight line thrown at you i don't know what is)

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Hmmmmnnnnmmm.........

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
heh heh heh.....Rats have been known to traverse a pant leg or two... but I prefer not to "find things" once there...if you catch my drift:getdown:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
heh heh heh.....Rats have been known to traverse a pant leg or two... but I prefer not to "find things" once there...if you catch my drift:getdown:
Not a problem ehh bob....

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
OUCH! Ron is "on-fire" this morning....must be spring has sprung:getdown:

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I've got the mikes also. First thing I did was to get rid of the calf strap.
It worked good with the p32 and p3at, carried my pf9 in it also for long road trips.

I didn't have enough padding for a revolver. Even with my light weigh 638 it was very uncomfortable.

I let most of the weight rest on my shoe, I tightened in around my ankle just enough to keep it from rotating and flopping around.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I've got the mikes also. First thing I did was to get rid of the calf strap.
It worked good with the p32 and p3at, carried my pf9 in it also for long road trips.

I didn't have enough padding for a revolver. Even with my light weigh 638 it was very uncomfortable.

I let most of the weight rest on my shoe, I tightened in around my ankle just enough to keep it from rotating and flopping around.
I had a Taurus titanium feather weight so I never even noticed it on my ankle...:thumbsu:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gosh, I've been gone all day and not able to stick up for myself but I see you guys have been stickin it to me in my defense.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
you shudda noticed all the circles on your body from us poking you with the per-verbal 10' pole.....:subdued:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
We'll always come to your defense..........

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
you shudda noticed all the circles on your body from us poking you with the per-verbal 10' pole.....:subdued:
10' pole.........shame on you rat.................5' max I would think.........dont want to be a stranger and impersonal to a beloved forum member....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, you go Ron, you rat Mr. Rat. Have some compassion for a fellow fool.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I feel so ashamed....I should cut my brothers 5' of slack.:wacko:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cut my WHAT??

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Now that's something to be concerned about.................somehow I don't think cutting bobs "what" sounds right to me...............it just doesn't !!

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
wait...I'll go get a knife..BRB:fat::zoro:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts