Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my wife really likes her CM9, and frankly she shoots that little thing better than I do. Guess I better not make her mad.
The other night I was cleaning some guns, including hers. We have several mags, both 6 and 7 rounders. I tried to load one of the spare 7 rounders, and I could only get one round into the mag. Upon inspection, the little metal rod that sticks out of the side of the follower is hitting the side of the mag body, preventing the follower from going down into the body.
I compared this mag to the others, and it doesn't look like the rod is sticking out any farther on this mag than the others. I looked at the top of the body to see if it was bent inwards, but if it is, it's not enough to tell.
I can either try to file down a little bit of that rod that sticks out, or I can try to gently bend the body outward so the rod can go into it.
Weird, I've never seen that before.
Any insights?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I wonder it the rod has slid out a little?
You might try swapping the follower out and see if it stops.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Did you try the follower swap? Some of us have nothing to do except ponder these things:eagerness:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried laying the mag on its side and tapping the rod back in. It worked temporarily, but as soon as I tried to load the mag and depress the follower the rod popped back out again. Mind you, it wasn't much, but it doesn't take much to keep the follower from going down into the housing.
I finally just ground the rod down about 1/16" and it works fine now.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
They should send one out for free....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts