Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome home Sgt. Bow Bergdahl :USA: Thank you for your service to our nation.:thanks:

Reactions: lefty60

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Don't know you Sgt. but don't need to to say the same thing, Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
From Wikipedia:

"On June 27, 2009, according to Rolling Stone,[17] Bowe sent a final e-mai*l to his parents: "The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."

His email went on to describe his disillusionment in the army: "In the US army you are cut down for being honest... but if you are a conceited brown nosing shit bag you will be allowed to do what ever you want, and you will be handed your higher rank... The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools...I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid, that they have no idea how to live. We don't even care when we hear each other talk"

I've got mixed emotions about this guy after reading the above.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Agree with some but not all. I'm not ashamed to be an American but for the last several years and that can be fixed if the Repubs would get off their political, self gratuitous **** dog's arse's and do what's right for the country and not for themselves or the arse's they're kissing. We NEED the MIDDLE class back! This is where America's strength lies! They don't need to be stifled and held back like our Gov is doing. I'm thinking we need to somehow get the power back to the middle class (no not by Unions). Take control out the money changers hands, IF IT CAN BE DONE. Unfortunately we've lost a lot, a heck of a lot already. We need the rich to make the investments but when he starts paying a few leaders $10 to 40+ Million to a few then they are spending too damn much when they could take that money and reinvest or....... "Wait For It"......lower the price of the product.
Seems to me it really got bad when Clinton did the World economy/access thing, can't remember the term. Maybe it was inevitable that it would happen anyway.

Please pray tell what this has to do with welcoming back one of our Hero's, which is what this thread is about.

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
That says it bobber...

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Please pray tell what this has to do with welcoming back one of our Hero's, which is what this thread is about. " Nothing

I agree with a lot of what you said above, but to the topic at hand, I'm glad our soldier is home, but I think we paid too high a price when we released 5 senior Taliban detainees. Our policy up until now has been to not negotiate with terrorists for release of prisoners for fear it would cause more soldiers to be captured.

Again while I'm glad he's home calling him a hero after the diatribe I posted leaves me conflicted, and I worry for the safety of our remaining soldiers around the world.

Best,
Steve

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Yeah..........

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Welcome Home Sgt., and thank you for your service.

What ever the controversy over his capture and release, The man has served and is one of us.
War does nasty things to people, and it is not my place to judge this man. He has served his country and his countrymen.

Again, Welcome home Sgt.. Prayers sent for your speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Don't know you Sgt. but don't need to to say the same thing, Thanks.
Oh my gosh. I thought he was a friend of yours Mr. Rat. I'm embarrassed. I've been watching of his release and happy for it in one sense but not in another. Certainly for him but not for the 5 barbarians released to kill again. I've often wondered what it takes to mold a man into a Taliban Barbarian.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Would that be different than a bobarian ?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Uhh......yes my brother

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Good just asking............!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I don't agree with releasing terrorist for our soldiers, I do appreciate the fact he served and was held as a POW. Military life can be quite frustrating and he's not far off on his assessments. I am amused by a president who did nothing but ridicule the last president for our being over there but turned around and took credit for killing Osama Bin Laden. He also laid claim to helping end that war when in fact, nothing has changed.
So I too am frustrated at being an American at times and too have lost pride in our decisions and failure to respond to military threats against us and others while our administration sits on it's hand hoping it all goes away.
My rant for the day...Welcome home Bow

Reactions: lefty60

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
He does deserve to be welcomed home. And yes he served and suffered, so regardless he may be or not considered a hero, he did his duty to our country.....!!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
What scares the hell out of me is that Obama's agenda is exactly on target. I do not believe he is as inept as he seems.

Our congress is not challenging the president on any of his executive decisions. They make a weak complaint about him not informing them of the prisoner swap, they seem as if they have one purpose. That is to be reelected to the gravy train!

I am babbling but I sincerely fear for our country as we have come to know and love it!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yet another questionable deed done by the Obama regime. Anything the guy does is suspect.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just found this post from a soldier stationed there...which gives me pause on this soldier and why O'blammer wants him back.
:huh:
"Staff Sergeant Sergeant Clayton Bowen and Private First Class Morris Walker were killed by an IED in the search for Bergdahl on August 18, 2009. Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss was killed on August 26. 2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews and Private First Class Matthew Michael Martinek were killed in the Yahya Khail District on September 4. Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey was killed by an IED at the Forward Operating Base in Sharana on September 5. Bowe Bergdahl will not pay the price for deserting his post but all of these solders did and died looking for this Taliban sympathizer"

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Obama wants to care for the down trodden, the criminals, the illegals, the poor, the uninsured, the jailed, the muslims (note lower case), the un-ID'd, his misguided cabinet, his people that should be fired, and most of all.....HIMSELF.

Reactions: Ratfink and ron54

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Obama wants to care for the down trodden, the criminals, the illegals, the poor, the uninsured, the jailed, the muslims (note lower case), the un-ID'd, his misguided cabinet, his people that should be fired, and most of all.....HIMSELF.
Go stick your old slide rule up his a$$...............that will give him something to think about.......!!!!!

Reactions: Ratfink
1 - 20 of 67 Posts