Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tell me all you know! I really like the PM/CM9, but what if I wanted something that's all steel and polished perfection like the old Colt Pythons in an auto? Would that be today's MK9 Elite series polished stainless, or is that a real stretch?

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
That would be a good choice......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Mk9 Elite 03 in 2008, I think. I pocket carry with a holster and prefer to shoot either 147 HP or 124 +p GDHP. I have fired many brands and all weights and never had a malfunction. I switched over to Wolff recoil unit and springs last time, still works perfectly. My Tritium sights are still strong, and nobody since has brought out a better single stack for pocket carry. I have never had a malfunction with any of my pistols, including a CZ 9mm, Sig 220-1 .45, Ruger LCP .380, Beretta Pico .380( only 150 rounds )and my 1965 East German Mak.9x18. Keep the Kahrs clean and lubed, My previous Kahr, PM9 also was perfect, but after 3 back surgeries and nerve damage to my right arm,hand, and shoulder, I became very sensitive to recoil. The Mk9 Elite 03 for me is perfection.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Welcome.....,,,I have never had an issue with my MK9 either..........I have the hogue wood grips on it. I have had right shoulder surgery repairing torn tendons and bicep. So it's hard for me to hold the weapon as steady........so I bring it up slowly from below the target and pull the trigger when the tip of the sight is where I want to shoot........I hope to avoid back surgery in the future for degenerative disks..........maybe a procedure will come along for that I hope.......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I hope so also.

Reactions: lefty60

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Do you ever wonder bobber why we got to be so screwed up at our age ?

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I would chalk it up to a younger mans "SuperMan" way of do'in things. It don't start to really hurt until you git old, then it hurts real good. :cower:

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Yeah so I'm finding/found out......

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Home medication that works.....

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Now you know why the "old folks" enjoyed their porch, rock'n chair, & sipp'n whisky. Just say'n :crazysmile:

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Bobbers prescription. .

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
One a day keeps makes a good evening.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
One a day ......keeps the doctor away.....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Nawww that's one Rum a day you silly oof

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
I like rum too......

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
In another time ALL of that stuff was a favorite of mine! :getdown:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Well go right to when we can't go anymore.....right?

Reactions: lefty60 and John70

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome.....,,,I have never had an issue with my MK9 either..........I have the hogue wood grips on it. I have had right shoulder surgery repairing torn tendons and bicep. So it's hard for me to hold the weapon as steady........so I bring it up slowly from below the target and pull the trigger when the tip of the sight is where I want to shoot........I hope to avoid back surgery in the future for degenerative disks..........maybe a procedure will come along for that I hope.......
Ron54, it looks like you and I have a lot in common, being left handed I had my left hand go back to my forarm and fracture and two of my bicep muscles torn of my left shoulder and rotor cuff damage on both left and right shoulders, 7 years of recovery, but now I can once again shoot and do things again, I hope your situation has gotten better to, not being able to use your dominate hand sucks, but I have my left back now...and can handle the recoil of all the calibers I have, life is good...

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
After my shoulder and bicep repair, I went from not being able to raise a cup of coffee.....etc to my mouth to about 80% use now......still have some issues with movement and range of motion........can't sleep on my right side putting pressure on it still.......but I manage fine for what I need to do at this stage of the game for me......nice to hear you have progressed well with your situation......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts