Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought this topic is worthy of discussion in light of recent events around the country, and curious what other gun owners think.

Police Kill Armed Black Man In St. Louis On Anniversary Of Another Officer-Involved Shooting

On Wednesday morning August 19, 2015, a year after police killed 25-year-old Kajeme Powell, authorities executing the warrant were met by two men attempting to flee the home, according to Fox 2 Now.*Chief Sam Dotson with the St. Louis Police Department said officers ordered both armed men*to drop their weapons. Dotson said one of the suspects raised his weapon and was shot.*
The latest shooting in St. Louis drew crowds of people to the scene, protesting police violence. Dozens of police sought to disperse the marchers, making several arrests. ...

Link to article:
Police Kill Armed Black Man In St. Louis On Anniversary Of Another Officer-Involved Shooting

A commenter writes: Wouldn't be the first time cops mistakenly take a hand or a cellphone for a gun. It also wouldn't be the first time cops lie about what actually happened. Let's wait what the autopsy report has to say. GSW in the front or in the back.

This got me thinking back to a book I was reading 'Gun Fighting and Other Thoughts about Doing Violence' by CR Williams (copyright 2012)
“Why does it vex some people that Han Solo (may have) fired first?

CR Williams was refering to the Star Wars bar scene where “green guy” sits at Solo's table and tells him how happy he is to kill him. Shots are then exchanged, and a good chance Han was the first to fire. But Lucas re-dubbed the scene later because so many people were “vexed” that Han may have fired first.

CR Williams then proposes: If you carry a gun with the idea that it may be necessary to use it to fight another person in defense of life one day, you should be OK and in agreement with the idea that Solo delibertly set up and took the first shot.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
If you wait for the BG to shoot first you will likely be the dead one. Fair face off gunfights are a Hollywood myth that don't work out well in actual practice.

If the folks in those towns/cities don't approve of how the LEO's do their jobs then the LEO's should all take a 30 day leave of absence and let those "fine" citizens see how they like NO LEO's!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you wait for the BG to shoot first you will likely be the dead one. Fair face off gunfights are a Hollywood myth that don't work out well in actual practice.

If the folks in those towns/cities don't approve of how the LEO's do their jobs then the LEO's should all take a 30 day leave of absence and let those "fine" citizens see how they like NO LEO's!!
I am thinking they could spend some of Obama's hood improvement stimulus money he gave out and make at least one community 'leader', 'activist' (or whatever title they give themselves) go with the cops. Maybe they should be first-in-'negotiate' on every call and warrant service. Just to make sure no black folks get hurt by the pooooolice.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I am thinking they could spend some of Obama's hood improvement stimulus money he gave out and make at least one community 'leader', 'activist' (or whatever title they give themselves) go with the cops. Maybe they should be first-in-'negotiate' on every call and warrant service. Just to make sure no black folks get hurt by the pooooolice.
They would need a long list of "replacement" community leaders, 'cause the BG's would kill 'em at a pretty good rate!

That could be a good thing all round :crazysmile:

·
Registered
148 Posts

Or as in Baltimore: just start policing timidly and carefully as the "community" demands and watch the murder rate quadruple.

Reactions: ron54 and lefty60

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or as in Baltimore: just start policing timidly and carefully as the "community" demands and watch the murder rate quadruple.
That is my prediction. Along with cops getting paid off to look the other way when the economy and retirement benefits turn down. Buckle up it is going to be a bumpy ride.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is my prediction. Along with cops getting paid off to look the other way when the economy and retirement benefits turn down. Buckle up it is going to be a bumpy ride.
And SS used to only take the pick of the litter!

August 31, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO – A former Secret Service agent has pleaded guilty to charges related to the theft of electronic currency during a high-profile investigation into the online drug bazaar Silk Road.

Shaun Bridges entered the plea Monday to money laundering and obstruction charges in federal court in San Francisco. He acknowledged stealing $820,000 worth of bitcoin after getting access to Silk Road, the multimillion-dollar marketplace for illegal drugs and other contraband.

Bridges was part of a task force investigating Silk Road. A Drug Enforcement Administration agent on the task force, Carl Force, was accused separately of selling information about the investigation and has pleaded guilty to extortion and other charges.

U.S. District Court Judge Richard Seeborg said he would impose a curfew and electronic monitoring on the 33-year-old Bridges after prosecutors said Bridges had tried to change his name.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
The Libs must dumb down the system so that everyone can be equal. "No dumb ass left behind"

Therefore there can be no folks that excel at their jobs or in their lives, it would not be "fair" to the "entitled that don't want to work."

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
The Libs must dumb down the system so that everyone can be equal. "No dumb ass left behind"

Therefore there can be no folks that excel at their jobs or in their lives, it would not be "fair" to the "entitled that don't want to work."
Just wondering. ...........are we dumbed down and don't know it ?? .............. or are we in need of dumbing down....??
I guess the follow up question would be if we are dumbed down............would we be better off ??

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Just wondering. ...........are we dumbed down and don't know it ?? .............. or are we in need of dumbing down....??
I guess the follow up question would be if we are dumbed down............would we be better off ??
Not as frustrated, but not better off. If everyone is dumbed down then no one will know what dumbed down means.

What do you think about that???????????????????

Reactions: ron54

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Forgot to mention that if we all were dumbed down we would all be Libtard Democrats :wink:

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
Not as frustrated, but not better off. If everyone is dumbed down then no one will know what dumbed down means.

What do you think about that???????????????????
Err....,,,,I guess being dumbed down.............I won't be giving it any thought...........what the hell do I know ............I'm a dumb a$$ now......!!

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Pretty much what I'm talking about!! :lolu::lolu::lolu::lolu:

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Republican around here equals rich oil men.... the reason most business laws were written cause they are dishonest money grubbers

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
Republican around here equals rich oil men.... the reason most business laws were written cause they are dishonest money grubbers
That's true too..............and why both.....yes both parties are not the common mans friend......they both suck......unless of course your rich.... ??? Just my humble opinion !!

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
You are both correct in so many ways! Making a lot of money is in itself not bad, until it develops into extreme greed. Power (money) and greed (the need of more power) knows no party boundaries, but becomes a special kind of Evil. And there is a large amount that special kind of Evil in the world today.

And Gentlemen, Evil tries to feed on all of us! Just say'n! :growl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts