Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order for these sights off the Kahr Arms Web Site. They should be delivered Friday if the weather agrees with Fedex. I'm going to install these on my TP45.

I did a search, but did not find any threads on the Williams Firesights. While I have used night sights on various handguns, I've never used this natural light gathering sights on any kind of firearm. Have you used this Brand or a similiar brand that you can give comments, good or bad?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
My xds has a front site that looks just like it...........It works well.......I am a fan of the fiber optic sights, and think that they do make a noticeable improvement.........the price is right considering your getting both front and rear......good deal..........I think you'll be happy with them !!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I was pleased with the price. I hope to take a photo or two to show you.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Old eyes need all the help they can get.........

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes they do. That is a reason I wanted to try these light gathering sights.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Damn those look like old mans sights.......for some old guy that cant see for crap....................gulp......like me......

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
If my arms were just a little longer... but without my glasses I can't see what I'm shooting...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received my Sights this afternoon and was excited to install them on my TP45. With the slide removed from the pistol, installed in my desk vice and locked down I began the installation. I had a Delrin Punch and my hard Nylon Hammer. I positioned everything to remove the rear sight left to right. I took a swing and no movement. I took a harder swing and still no movement. I took a heater gun and heated the sight thinking it could have some thread locker. I hit it with a hard hit but again no movement.

Do you have a suggestion for me before I go to my LGS and acknowledge to them that I need their help. Actually my LGS is manned by my friends, so they won't make fun of me They will, however take my money. ;>)

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
On the sights I purchased from kahr for my MK and K guns last year, they had an instruction sheet that said not to use a punch when installing and removing the old sights.........said to use a site pusher.....

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
PS, drive it off left to right.
Good ideas......kahr probably recommends the pusher as a precaution against damage to the slide or sight, by an over zealous hammer wielding owner. A brass drift punch is a good idea and your right facing the slide from the rear dovetails are cut so the sight comes out left to right and back in right to left........

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank Guys. I took my Brass Punch of appropriate size and my nylon hammer. That worked. I need just a bit more oomph. Off, left to right and On, right to left. I had to file a small bit on both the front and the rear sights to I could move the sights on fairly easy to the half way mark.

All looks good, I now need to go to the Range to see where I hit. Here are a couple of poor pictures off my iPhone:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Oh yeah..........great job !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts